Ravifruit has been providing delightful frozen fruits and fruit purees since 1981. A highly sought after brand, Ravifruit is associated with Kerry Foods, a company that handles other famous food brands such as DaVinci Gourmet. Both DaVinci Gourmet and Ravifruit are imported and distributed in the Maldives by Bestbuy Maldives (BBM).
The man behind Ravifruit
The mastermind behind this successful brand is the French-born chef Jean François Devineau who serves as the Responsible Technique Pâtissier Glacier and Market Application Pastry Chef Manager overseeing the Ravifruit production process. His expertise as a chef is applied to every fruit preservation and puree manufacturing process, as well as demonstrating how to use Ravifruit to highly esteemed kitchen staff around the world. At a time in the fine dining world when many chefs are advocating the use of fresh produce, Ravifruit presents itself as a highly desirable option.
Why choose Ravifruit?
- Each container is filled with IQF (Individually Quickly Frozen) fruits, it can be readily used to add flavour to mousses, creamers, desserts and beverages
- Unlike fresh ingredients, which are seasonal, Ravifruit is consistently available regardless of the time of the year or location
- Consistent and distinct taste makes it easier to work with when preparing various desserts and beverages. The primary ingredients for Ravifruit come from all around the world with the fruits being chosen for their distinct and unique flavours having been grown in their native environments
- At every stage of production, Chef François and his team ensure that all activities, from harvesting and preserving to packing, follow best practices. It’s quality over quantity every time
- All of the factory processes are approved by halal, kosher and ISO
- Ravifruit products are packed in square tubs of one kilogram which is ideal for using in the kitchen as it is easier to store and carry
A decade for Ravifruit in Maldives
It has been over a decade since Ravifruit was first introduced to the Maldives, through its partnership with BBM. Over the years, chefs from different parts of the world have come to the Maldives, bringing their experience, culture and skills acquired throughout their careers along with their experience with Ravifruit. This has led to an increased demand for Ravifruit products.
“Infusing this to the corporate doctrine, the company facilitates a diverse range of industry training and exchange programmes for training and industry exposure to enhance this industry in line with the best in the world,” says Mohamed Mazloom, the CEO of BBM, who leads the operation at BBM with a philosophy of celebrating the best in the industry.
Chef François visits different resorts in the Maldives to conduct demonstrative workshops and share his expertise in the application of Ravifruit products. Besides marketing its products through these workshops, Ravifruit seeks to promote the culinary industry in the Maldives, as well as to promote the Maldives as a destination, for the culinary delights available in its hotels and resorts.
Find out more about Ravifruit or enquire about placing an order here: